KCR interest on fisheries!
Telangana Chief Minister KCR today in assembly, announced the procedure, the state government is going to follow, to develop the fisheries department.
KCR opined that, the state government, if concentrated well, can get an income of about Rs. 5000 crores through the fisheries.
Below are the key points, he mentioned about the fisheries:
- He further added that the government bought small fishes worth Rs. 24 crores. 28 lakhs small fishes are left in 3939 ponds (after restoration) across the state.
- The government is planning to set up small fishes production centres to encourage the fisheries, so that the rural people would be benefited with good income.
- Setting up of fisheries colleges and research centres in the next two years in the state.
- All the posts will be filled in the fisheries department and the funds will be allocated for the development of the fisheries department.
- KCR also assured to eliminate broker system in the fisheries department.